The Event

iSawitFirst

I have given up on watching most new shows. I am sick of getting into a story line only to find out the show isn't continuing. So if a show makes it past the first season, I'll pick up the DVD and play catch up, then watch season 2. With that said, The Event is on the DVR and I am trying to resist watching it, lol.

My four least favorite endings:

• The show is canceled before the resolution
  • It was all a dream
  • They are all dead and it's all a dream
  • They go back in time and change things so it never happened

HA! Totally agree Chip. I've been watching The Event on Hulu and I agree with some other posters that it's been pretty good so far but I've got a bad feeling this might turn into another Lost. The first season or two of Lost was outstanding and then it slowly de-volved into jump the shark mode.

• 5 weeks later...

i 2nd Marc's thoughts. I was really ticked off about Flash Forward's cancellation, so when I saw that The Event had the same sort of story line that required you to follow episode to episode, I decided against starting to watch it.

Just waiting for 24 - The movie lol

Oh, and the cancellation of Caprica was also leaving me miffed. Danged networks want instant gratification on ratings and have no loyalty to existing viewers. :angry:

Oh, and the cancellation of Caprica was also leaving me miffed. Danged networks want instant gratification on ratings and have no loyalty to existing viewers. :angry:

Did Caprica really get canceled? I was wondering why it hasn't been on the past few weeks... :angry:

I don't care much for new shows either, for the same reasons. You just start getting into them and they are canceled. Or you watch for a couple seasons and the show completely derails (ahem Heroes ahem). Or they just don't make any sense to begin with (Fringe). Or they are great at first and then you realize you've been tricked into watching the same episode over and over and over (House). Meh... TV sucks anyway, we should be spending the time building things or at least doing something actually useful.