Drawer Fronts

Dan M

Hey there, I'm building kitchen cabs and i'm having difficulty proportioning the drawer fronts with the doors. The doors are raised panel with a 3/4" thk by 2" wide cope and stick frame. The outer edges are straight, no profile. My first thought was to slab the drawer fronts and use the raised panel bit but at shallower fence and height settings. Leaving about 3/8 thick of an edge. But i'm second guessing myself. I've made a sample and when held above the door the difference in thickness is throwing me off. BTW these are partial overlay doors and drawers. Should i keep it consistent and build a frame for the drawer fronts also? Any advice or comments would be appreciated. Thanks

Dan,

I have been doing kitchens for 10 years for people. In my opinion, I would just do a slab drawer front. This is a 3/4" thick front that is square to match the outside profile of your doors. This particular front would be to small to do a raised panel. I think it would look great and you can add some character to it with your hardware. Good luck, the cabinets look great.