Need new table saw fence...help!!! Best one?

medfloat

I have a right tilt JWTS-10 contractor table saw with stamped wings and need to replace the original fence due to damage. The aluminum fence bent when I, inadvertantly, bumped it with my truck tire...arrrrggggh!!!...don't ask how it happened I won't answer out of embarassment. Anyone know of a fence system that bolts directly to the saw or do they need to be modified? Any suggestions on which fence is best?

Will a Biesemeyer style fence fit on that saw? If so, and you plan on keeping the machine, thats the only way to go. BUT, you'll have to drop 350-400 on the kit.... So, now you are 400 deeper in a saw thats only worth 500 or so used. What I'm saying is you're not gonna get your money back out of it. No one will pay 900.00 for a used table saw with upgraded fence when for a 1k you can get much more saw used that comes stock with the upgraded fence. :(

So what you'll need to decide is it something you'll keep and use for a long time? Or should you just buy another stock fence, and deal with it, till it's time for a new setup all together? :unsure:

If the Bies is out of your price range, take a look at the Delta T-2. It is similar construction to the Bies, except smaller, and for a lot less cash. (About $155) I put one on an old Craftsman table saw, and it has been a major improvement to the saw!

If the Bies is out of your price range, take a look at the Delta T-2. It is similar construction to the Bies, except smaller, and for a lot less cash. (About $155) I put one on an old Craftsman table saw, and it has been a major improvement to the saw!

I will second the suggestion of the Delta T2. I put one on my Hitachi contractor saw. I think I had to drill two holes in one of the angle iron pieces.