Graphite tracking blocks for bandsaw

bob493

Just saw this, thought this actually makes a lot of sense, would be a simple mod, and in theory should actually work better than ball bearings. 

not horribly expensive either, anyone use anything like this?? 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ANY-size-you-need-GRAPHITE-band-saw-GUIDE-BLOCKS-Jet-Delta-Grizzly-Sears-etc-/190353204121?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c51ef6399

A lot of bandsaws come with these fitted as standard. The 12" range from Dewalt springs to mind.

Ever have an "A-B" experience with these? I've personally never seen them, usually running vintage tools (I have a 14" sprunger model thats probably 50-60 years old and in need of attention). Dewalt is obviously a quality brand, but is the difference worth the time modding? 

I have a wore out bench top delta bandsaw with these, if the vintage saws you speak of have no guides than this would be better than that, but they need frequent adjustment, I would rather have bearings, I was considering putting bearings on the one I had but I ended up buying a 14" floor model

I have a wore out bench top delta bandsaw with these, if the vintage saws you speak of have no guides than this would be better than that, but they need frequent adjustment, I would rather have bearings, I was considering putting bearings on the one I had but I ended up buying a 14" floor model

hmm ok. They have ball bearing guides, but are wobbly and loose with no "adjustment". It's going to get torn down completely. What would you suggest for 7" resaw work? 

hmm ok. They have ball bearing guides, but are wobbly and loose with no "adjustment". It's going to get torn down completely. What would you suggest for 7" resaw work?

I have never owned a real nice bandsaw, I have 1 hp 14" craftsman, I cut down some 5" walnut last night using a 3/4 skip tooth blade and it did ok, 7" is about the limit height wise.