another band saw question

Slmize

I am going to buy a new band saw to replace my old 12 inch sears. I think I have it narrowed down to either the pm pwbs-14c deluxe,with riser,or the laquna 1412. I would appreciate any feed back on these two saws. I plan on some resawing and standard curves. This is just a hobby so no heavy commercial use.

Thank you

I have read a lot of nice things about the Laguna. While I have never used one in person, my local Woodcraft has one on their sales floor and I walk past it every time I go to their woodshop in the back. It looks to a pretty solid machine and frankly when it first arrived I spent a few minutes just admiring it. I don't think you would be unhappy with it.

I too have been looking at the Laguna 14/12 but haven't hit the buy button yet. I was struck at how much lower the table sits relative to all the other standard band saws (jet, rikon, powermatic). Maybe the Laguna is designed more for resaw than the others?

I too have been looking at the Laguna 14/12 but haven't hit the buy button yet. I was struck at how much lower the table sits relative to all the other standard band saws (jet, rikon, powermatic). Maybe the Laguna is designed more for resaw than the others?

That would be a welcome change, I find the height on my Grizzly 555LX to be way to high for most of what I use it for.

That Laguna seems like a sweet deal to me. I've thought about selling my Grizzly to pick one up, the better dust collection and guides make it a very attractive model.