Getting logged out when using Search

DrewG

I am experiencing a problem when using the search feature.

The problem occurs when I follow a link in the search results. When the linked paged (within the WTO site) pops up in a new browser tab, I am not logged in on the linked page.

Then, when I return to and refresh the original tab from which I started the search, I am no longer logged in there either.

My log in settings are set to remember me. If I don't do any searches, my browser retains my logged in state from session to session. So, I don't think it's a cookie issue. It just happens after following a search link.

My browser is Safari on an iPad 3 with the very latest iOS 8 patches.

Anyone else seeing this.

Thanks in advance,

Drew

Okay, I've figured out what's happening; and it is, indeed, a cookie issue.

In Safari, there are four privacy level settings related to cookies: "Always Allow", "Allow from Current Website Only", "Allow from Websites I Visit", "Always Block"

I recently changed to the "Current Website" setting to keep the ads limited to the site I am on.

Apparently, this setting prevents the cookie for my logged in session for WTO from being passed to the new tab, then somehow invalidates its continued use, causing me to be logged out on the original tab.

If I change it to the "Websites I Visit" setting all is fine, and it predictably breaks again if I change it back.

At least this setting also limits the cookie sources somewhat.

Hope this helps so one else.