Slow IPB boards

Aggie83

I frequent a couple different boards that use IPB and have recently updated to the new version as WTO has.

All of them seem to be achingly slow now. This seems independent of machine and browser (IE8 and Firefox).

My fastest connection is a 1GB ethernet line directily into the core switch with sits on a bi-directional fiber ring, but that machine seems as slow as a 50 year old copper line and DSL connection at my house.

I was wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same.

Definitely. Seems worse since IPB went down for maintenance (I assume) two weekends ago. Twice, too, I've gotten back "SQL Error" and a call-stack dump. Not sure what they are up to.

(I think 50 years ago, you'd have had an acoustic coupler on a rotary phone, but I get what you're saying ;))

Definitely. Seems worse since IPB went down for maintenance (I assume) two weekends ago. Twice, too, I've gotten back "SQL Error" and a call-stack dump. Not sure what they are up to.

(I think 50 years ago, you'd have had an acoustic coupler on a rotary phone, but I get what you're saying ;))

We had those and TTYs with paper tape back in high school and that hasn't been *that* long ago.

Sometimes my DSL seems to be about that slow and I only live 1/2 mile from Verizon's switching station.

It's slow for me on my Mac and PC at home. It's the same for one other IPB board I follow.

Actually, lately I'm getting issues where some images aren't coming down. For example, the icons in the mini profile to the left of posts sometimes display as linked text "Add Friend" or "Send Email". Maybe I'll remember tonight and put an HTTP sniffer on it to see if there's something grossly obvious about the request traffic.