Any news or questions?

Timberwerks

How is everyone doing this holiday season? Is there any news or questions to share with us? Me, I'm closing out the year by finishing up some box orders and a couple of commissions. My goal for 2011 is to build as many new pieces as possible to exhibit at 2011 shows. I'm going to focus more on selling my designs this new year rather than getting commissions. What is your goal for the new year?

I am going to Cerritos College and taking classes on furniture design, basic woodworking and faceframe construction. No time for more. Next will be to build a few pieces for "speculation" and sell them online. Last ... start a bilingual blog (English and Spanish).

Fantastic Bobby, Happy Holidays and a great New Year to you!

That's great news, I'll have work to do in mine, such as a tool wall and new bench. Happy Holidays and a great New Year to you!

I'm excited to bring in the lumber for my bench! Building Gretchin's Cradle REALLY drove home the need for a good bench. I can't wait to start working the lumber for it. It's reclaimed red fir beams, salvaged from a 100 year old barn than was in Eastern Oregon. I picked up a bunch of it for $0.75/ft, not bd ft, about 15 years ago. It's amazingly dense and very rich dark red. It will be my one nice piece for the shop. All else is utilitarian in build and materials. But, this is for the side of the shop that infuses soul into the work. So, it has to be soulful itself.