Rockwell's New Table Jig Saw

bywc

You know at first glance I thought man why would I need this but after watching the video on the site below maybe its just that I got sucked in by the flashy advert but for the price it seems like a tool that would be handy and maybe could eliminate some of my other tools or use them for specialty tasks.

what do you guys/gals think?

http://www.tool-rank.com/tool-blog/news/rockwell%27s-new-table-jig-saw-20100802748/

You know at first glance I thought man why would I need this but after watching the video on the site below maybe its just that I got sucked in by the flashy advert but for the price it seems like a tool that would be handy and maybe could eliminate some of my other tools or use them for specialty tasks.

what do you guys/gals think?

http://www.tool-rank.com/tool-blog/news/rockwell%27s-new-table-jig-saw-20100802748/

I don't know, I guess it would depend on what you need. When I see it I automatically think scrollsaw, when I watched the video the only thing that seemed better about this is that the blades are bigger so on large work you don't have to worry about snapping the blade, the problem is that this is also it's downfall when it comes to most of woodworking that a scrollsaw does. I personally wouldn't want one (unless I had unlimitied space and funds) but what you do may be different. My thought is that since you are asking you are not sure either so if you already have a jigsaw you may want to make a small stand for it and see how much you use it and go from there. I know that I have seen people use inserts that are normally for routers and put jigsaws in them so they can be swapped into their router tables, just a thought.

Nate