Upcoming Guild Build

dlamulle

Hey everyone,

I'm really looking forward to the guild build next week but I have a couple of questions.

*More details on ordering the lumber as a package and how soon we need to.

*Do I log in that night and watch it as a streaming video?

*if I do log in how do I go about doing it please?

I know this might sound like dumb questions, but I don't want to miss anything. I want to use it as a very nice wall cabinet for my tools in the shop.

Cheers,

Dave

Hey everyone,

I'm really looking forward to the guild build next week but I have a couple of questions.

*More details on ordering the lumber as a package and how soon we need to.

*Do I log in that night and watch it as a streaming video?

*if I do log in how do I go about doing it please?

I know this might sound like dumb questions, but I don't want to miss anything. I want to use it as a very nice wall cabinet for my tools in the shop.

Cheers,

Dave

Dave,

Based on past builds I can answer:

1)Once formally announced Marc will release formal plans and usually a special kit of lumber will be available from Bell Forrest Products.

2)I usually watch the weekly update videos (I don't think you can watch live).

Also, I too will be making it a tool cabinet. I'm waiting to see the formal plan before bastardizing it for my use, but I will be sharing my plans and progress at penultimatewoodshop.com

Good luck with the build.

Dave,

Based on past builds I can answer:

1)Once formally announced Marc will release formal plans and usually a special kit of lumber will be available from Bell Forrest Products.

2)I usually watch the weekly update videos (I don't think you can watch live).

Also, I too will be making it a tool cabinet. I'm waiting to see the formal plan before bastardizing it for my use, but I will be sharing my plans and progress at penultimatewoodshop.com

Good luck with the build.

I think the plans were released already, I downloaded the cut list yesterday. That's why I was wondering when the lumber would be available. Thanks for your reply.

Dave

Bell Forest should be working on the kits as we speak. And Dyami has it right. Videos will be released weekly and I will pepper in some live meetings as needed. But as a Guild member you are automatically on the mailing list for updates. So fear not. I will make sure you have all the info you need when you need it. :)

A note about the Bell Forest kits. We provide these as a courtesy for members who don't have milling equipment. While their products are very good, it usually comes out cheaper if you can source the material locally. But if that's not an option, the kits are a wonderful way to get moving on the project.

Bell Forest should be working on the kits as we speak. And Dyami has it right. Videos will be released weekly and I will pepper in some live meetings as needed. But as a Guild member you are automatically on the mailing list for updates. So fear not. I will make sure you have all the info you need when you need it. :)

A note about the Bell Forest kits. We provide these as a courtesy for members who don't have milling equipment. While their products are very good, it usually comes out cheaper if you can source the material locally. But if that's not an option, the kits are a wonderful way to get moving on the project.

Cool, thanks for the info. Did I read somewhere in a post we get a discount if we order from Bell Forest like 10% or 15 % or was that a one shot special? I mean besides ordering a kit, just a normal internet wood order.

Dave

Marc,

Quick question. So with the Bell Forest kits do we not have to join or plane the lumber for straight/true/flat? First time getting into a build and wasn't sure how much joining/planing I would need to do as I will have to do it by hand if needed.

Dave

Marc,

Quick question. So with the Bell Forest kits do we not have to join or plane the lumber for straight/true/flat? First time getting into a build and wasn't sure how much joining/planing I would need to do as I will have to do it by hand if needed.

Dave

Dave,

Bell Forrest kits usually come with the faces near flat & coplanar with one edge rough and one edge fairly straight as a reference edge.

Dave,

Bell Forrest kits usually come with the faces near flat & coplanar with one edge rough and one edge fairly straight as a reference edge.

Thanks, I just got an order delivered from them yesterday actually. They had a good deal on Curly Red Leaf Maple and so I got 100bf for various projects I want to do. I was as you described (and looks beautiful).

Dave