Problem downloading files

AndyG

Hi,

I am having trouble downloading the videos to my computer. I click on the download link however it does not give me the chance to download the file to where I want it to go. Instead it goes straight to my temporary folder which I can't seem to find even after searching all the hidden folders.

If anyone could please help that would be excellent.

Cheers,

Andy :)

Sorry

For example I am trying to download your "Divider supports and web frames" which is from the chest of drawers series.

I attempt to download it to my computer so I can watch it again down the track, but it automatically downloads without prompting me where I wish to save it. It saves to my temporary files which I can't access or find the video.

The process is: It gives me the option of the SD or HD. I choose SD and click on it and it automatically downloads.

Now i'm not sure if this is how it is, i.e you download it to watch it, but can't download it to your computer to watch it again at a later date?

I hope this is more clear.

Sorry if this is posted in the wrong section, i'm happy for it to be moved if you need be :D

Andy

Hey Andy. What you should do is right click the file, instead of left clicking it. By right clicking, you'll bring up a contextual menu that will allow you to choose, "Save As" or "Save Target As". Then you can choose the location you want to save the file. Let me know if this doesn't work for you. Also let me know what browser you are running.

Hey Marc,

I have tried right clicking and "save target as". It does allow me to choose where I want the file, but the file is only 96.1KB once downloaded and takes about 3 seconds to download - When I go to view it, nothing comes up.

I am using Internet Explorer.

Andy

Well that is a very odd problem indeed. Does this happen on multiple videos? The links are really nothing more than standard permalinks to mp4 files. I like Andrew's suggestion of trying a different browser. Can't hurt at this point. Also I might recommend trying to use iTunes as a sort of web video DVR. If you use iTunes, it will automatically download the latest videos when they are available, and you'll also have access to the entire back catalog. Downloads are done with a single click. Just a little suggestion if you're feeling like trying something new.

To be honest i'm not really sure. The only thing I can think of was before when I was attempting to download the video, I couldn't see the video (only the two download options - HD AND SD, but no actual video where you can press play/stop etc) - hope that makes sense? Anyway, this morning when I downloaded the video this was there and it worked, so I can only imagine it was this??

Andy