Squaring up a Ridgid TS2412 Fence

BenMinshall

I'm working on tuning up an older table saw that was a great Craigslist deal, but in need of some serious attention. The saw is a Ridgid TS2412 that seems to be at least 10 years old. I managed to get the blade parallel to the miter slot, blade square to the table and the fence parallel to the blade. However, the top of the fence tips in toward the blade about 1/32" over the 3" fence height. I can't seem to find any adjustments on the fence to square it to the table vertically. Does anybody have any experience with this saw/fence?

If I can't actually square it up, I think the best option is to bolt on an MDF auxiliary fence and shim out the back of it with a strip or two of of masking tape to get a bit closer to vertical square.

Thanks for the pointer. Yes I did check the level on the rails relative to the top, and it is pretty close to dead-on. I think this is just a manufacturing defect in the fence. Honestly it is not noticeable ripping stock 1" or less, but with thicker material the misalignment starts to become evident. I suppose I will proceed with the shimmed out MDF auxiliary fence to correct the factory fence.

I don't know about your 2412 but my 3612 has four hex head bolts that hold the fence to the plate that rides along the front rail. If your is like that, you could loosen the bolts on the one side and slide some shims under the fence to make it square. Cut up pieces of the correct sized feeler gauge would work very nicely for the shims.