Buying an x-carve

duckkisser

wow jean thanks for all the information I checked out the links some are ideal for a person who wants to build there own cnc router or even wants to build a full 4x8 sheet cnc router.

but these aren't realy what I'm after these are more for cnc builders or cnc machinist people more dedicated to the art.  I'm looking for something that will allow me to make repeated product a little each day that I can sell at sales or for orders.  so basically come home set up project open up file begin cutting and work on some other project in the shop.  that way I can have a product that I can sell for under 20 bucks(90 percent of sales) while I also have projects like wood table for the home. or 2000 dollar table to sell. with that and the fact that I want it to be easy(I'm kinda lazy) I want a machine that Is easy to assemble, easy to use, and shortest learning curve. then as I become more proficient with using the machine I can expand the unit or the complexity of the projects I'm making that I could sell or for my own use.  so I want to spend my money for both what I want right now and with the goal of being able to expand into the more complex cnc work in the future.  

with your input I'm glad I decided to cross x-cave off my list there is too much flex in the gantry so I wont be able to cut 3d work or metal with any kind of repeatability or long term use. I was realy looking at it for ease of use and little learning curve or set up ability.  

No problem mate. So you would be glad with a kit. There were several in my list and already built machines too. You needed to know all the possible options before to make your decision.

Be aware, unless you would buy a Chinese industrial CNC, you will be able to mill soft metals like brass or aluminum occasionally, but if you do it too often you will probably need to replace your guides bearings as often. These machines are made to cut soft materials, primary wood, plastics, resin, these kind of materials. The structure and guides are not strong enough to stand frequent heavy jobs. Of course you won't be able to mill steel which requires heavy duty machinery dedicated to metal milling.