Clamp

rihacker

So let me start by saying I love this clamp.

I only recieved one due to production limits but its amazing what I was able to do with it.

The size is great and fits on many pre made jigs. The clamp mechanism and action were smooth and intuitive. There was a satisfying lock and unlock feel.

1) I think that the average no pro has to balance what to get to keep $ in line with space and things. This clamp is what I have been waiting for. I work in a small area and I can't have a thousand jigs sitting around. This one clamp fills like 10 different niches.

I used it in place of my coping jig from Rockler. It immediately fixed 2 problems, height variation of the styles / rails and pressures to keep them from slipping. This toggle improved the quality of my copes and the repeat ability.

My router template jig was #2. Again the clamps variability in height in pressure allowed my to use the same jig, un changed for 3 different projects with the same pattern. The taller and shorter ones were prefect and the prototype of foam (yeah i used foam) could be clamped and not marred by decreasing the pressure....it was that easy.

The third thing i used the clam on was as a table top clamp. I Don't have formal work bench so I use a router table a mdf top. I just mounted the clamp onto the MDF and had a hold down so I can hand plane and stabilize pieces for inlay. Need to adjust something? no problem, flip the switch and bam... adjusted.

This one clamp is amazing is that new missing link to a multi functional work shop.

Few suggestions-

different pressure heads should be available for a wider or smaller pressure spot. 2) the upper nut should be a little more user friendlier to allow for even faster and efficient moving. A larger clamp with a longer neck would be nice to see. a longer stem with foot would be nice to allow elevated mounting and for the clamp to press on items below that level, allowing for a larger range of work piece height. Larger wings for mounting would be nice to allow for jig wing nuts to be used (the big black ones). I thought the pressure screw was a touch awkward but acceptable, I liked having that variability. A magnetic base optional mount would be great for the table saw, band saw and drill press for more template and jig setups.

Love this clamp!