Outdoor cedar table.

curlyoak

IMG_4239.thumb.JPG.638ea78efc3eb736efb1207b84150e6e.JPG

It was rough so I planed and sized them up I have used this technique on many benches.. I first made the 2 ends. Then connected the 2 x 4"s . I used all stainless screws and titebond 3.

IMG_4237.thumb.JPG.f311b9cd4ff00f2e047c8d8dbc1c6bec.JPG

I chose cedar and stainless because i think in the long run it is cheaper and less work. The weakest link in the chain is the 4 leg bottoms. I screwed on some high tech slippery plastic that is very tough. This should eliminate water wicking and add longevity. I think this table will out live me. Better that way than the other.

IMG_4253.thumb.JPG.ac771fdf0189085613560aed7af69392.JPG

The cross pieces are held by 2 #10 3" stainless on each end.

IMG_4254.thumb.JPG.4e31b164a5c1a3e983bec7f72d184a9b.JPG

As a senior citizen, the hardest part was getting up and down several times installing the bottom 1 X 12's. The bottom was 4 times hard for me due to the ups and downs. I'm glad I stared doing the hard part first. It was very easy on the top. I Have some cedar here outside fo a very long time. If you can keep its feet dry it lasts fo a very long time. I feel OK about face screwing everywhere. This is my standard for outdoor. I'm sure there is some fine joinery in the outdoors, but not mine. I know the screws won't rust...

Next up is a storage shed. Since I'm spending some cash on the shed, I needed to clean up the area and get rid of a useless bench I inherited.

• Like 1