Suggest an inexpensive woodworking vise

Nick2cd

This is a link to the one I have. It was recommended to me by someone on the forum.

http://www.woodcraft.com/Product/2000309/308/Economy-Quick-Release-Front-Vise.aspx

It isn't the least expensive but it is a quick release. It does not have a dog that you can raise. I made three dog holes in the shop made chop that I can put my own dogs into.

• 2 weeks later...

I bought one once at the Grizzly store in Springfield, MO since it was on sale for $35. It was really crap; it racks and bend vertically when any clamping pressure is exerted by the screw. As a result, I don't recommend trying to save too much money. Probably the price point in the earlier posts is about right.

FYI, I also have two other tools from Grizzly that I'm totally happy with. A table saw and a small pen-turning lathe. I think this vise was crap because it was something cheap to put by the cash register and grab some impulse buyers.

• 2 weeks later...

I got mine from Harbor Freight...please don't throw stones at me guys lol. It has served me well so far. I've had it for about 3 years. I think it is starting to play out on me, but for the price...I'll just replace it until I can afford the Veritas twin screw.

Harbor Freight Vise

HB's 9 inch is a quick release and has a dog. Its just a tad better than the 10 inch. Uhh I have both of them on my bench.