I'd like to join the guild, but.........

ChetlovesMer

Well as my shop gets closer and closer to being a "fully operational battlestation" my mind begins to wander toward the numerous projects I will now get to start designing and building.

My best guess is that my shop will be back to where it needs to be by the end of March. So, I'd like to join the guild. But I ask some of the rest of you out there is joining the guild 1/3 of the way through the year a wise idea? Does it make more sense to join at the start of the year? Or should I just wait until the start of the next guild project?

What makes sense here?

What worked for you, or didn't work for you?

I look forward to hearing your thoughts.

Chet, I only joined in December but the nice part is that all of the videos for all of projects that the guild have ever done are available to you. If you can't work on the project right now at least you can watch the videos and get a feel for what you do and do not want to work on. I've been woodworking for 25 plus years and I have still been able to come away fro, Marc's videos with some very useful new information. Good Luck making your decision.

• 2 months later...

I agree with all the other guys. I joined early January and have yet to start any of the guild projects but have downloaded and watched most of the videos. It is real good value for money and now I have a few of my own projects (nearly) out of the way I intend starting with the shaker table first.

I already have a commission for a chest of drawers and intend using the guild plans to build that one next.

Terry

I totally agree with the others here. It's definitely worth the price of admission. If you plan on doing any serious woodworking in your shop the tips & videos alone will make you a better woodworker. Also, if you shop at any of the recommended places, you get a nice discount as a Guild member! Good luck with your decision......

Steve