torsion box workbench done from Marc's video

dale rex

Just finishing the base and top and am really, really pleased with the results. Never had a worktop that flat and straight before. :D It will be a pleasure o work and build on. Thanks to Marc for the video and plans to follow. I applied 3 coats of General Arm-r-seal to the top and it got really smooth and looks like a furniture top. One slight issue Im having is that i used semi gloss instead of satin like Marc used on the demo video, and its a little too shiny and slippery. Any solutions for this besides putting on a couple coats of satin Arm-r-seal? I have a non slip pad that I use sometimes for this purpose, but even that seems to slide a bit.

Just finishing the base and top and am really, really pleased with the results. Never had a worktop that flat and straight before. :D It will be a pleasure o work and build on. Thanks to Marc for the video and plans to follow. I applied 3 coats of General Arm-r-seal to the top and it got really smooth and looks like a furniture top. One slight issue Im having is that i used semi gloss instead of satin like Marc used on the demo video, and its a little too shiny and slippery. Any solutions for this besides putting on a couple coats of satin Arm-r-seal? I have a non slip pad that I use sometimes for this purpose, but even that seems to slide a bit.

You could do a light sanding with 180. That should take some of the sheen away as well as the slickness.