Morris Chair with a little G&G flair

SadDonkey

On 4/30/2023 at 6:59 AM, SadDonkey said:

I have to add the internal rails to support the seat panel, but I'm going to talk to the upholsterer first to work out exactly what to do

When you add the internal support rails measure up from the floor and make sure there is a good drop from the front of the seat to the back of the seat. My only complaint with my chairs is that the seat was a bit too flat and when sitting back my butt tends to slide forward. I added another 1" to the front of the seat and it got a lot better. The angle can be tested after the upholstery is complete. I went with a drop in seat cushion on a frame to provide some adjustment to the slope.

On 4/30/2023 at 3:51 PM, Mark J said:

It came out very well.  I love the clover leaf detail.  Is that ebony?

Hi Mark, thanks a lot. It was pretty tricky for me to pull off, but I was really please with the end result. Yeah, it's ebony. The chair is cherry. The finish is Rubio Cherry Coral. Not sure I would have used the same color finish if I had it to do again...

• Like 2

On 5/1/2023 at 6:53 PM, Chestnut said:

When you add the internal support rails measure up from the floor and make sure there is a good drop from the front of the seat to the back of the seat. My only complaint with my chairs is that the seat was a bit too flat and when sitting back my butt tends to slide forward. I added another 1" to the front of the seat and it got a lot better. The angle can be tested after the upholstery is complete. I went with a drop in seat cushion on a frame to provide some adjustment to the slope.

I suspected it would be something like that. I was very reticent to commit to a position before the cushions are finished.