Simple Jewelry Box

CaptJohn55

Welcome to the forum, John.

The thing that bothers me most is what appears to be the fabric lining of the lid showing at the edges. Also, I would prefer to have the width of the dovetail corner piece even on both sides. Also, I would make the bottom protrude from the box equally on all sides.

I like how you carried the grain pattern around the corner of the box. However, the corner piece detracts a bit from the design.

Welcome to the forum, John.

The thing that bothers me most is what appears to be the fabric lining of the lid showing at the edges. Also, I would prefer to have the width of the dovetail corner piece even on both sides. Also, I would make the bottom protrude from the box equally on all sides.

I like how you carried the grain pattern around the corner of the box. However, the corner piece detracts a bit from the design.

Thank you for your input, and I understand the areas you are talking about. The corners are a real pain to make. I'm learning how to use the Incra Jig. In the future I'll see what I can do to make them even. The fabric you see is an 1/8" felt pad on the lid. A different idea. It functions to keep the lid from banging around on the top of the box. As for the bottom, I'm learning.

Again thank you for the input.