Dealing with water in a garage shop

Stasonis

I've started setting up shop in my garage and am trying to figure out how to deal with the small amount of water seepage I get occasionally towards the back wall. That's where my workbenches currently live and I can't imagine their wooden legs are going to like soaking up a bit of water once or twice a year. Assuming waterproofing the garage is our of the question is there anything I could coat the legs of the workbench in that would help? Rubber sheeting perhaps? It's usually only about 1/4" of water, but I'm sure it's enough to do some damage.

I've started setting up shop in my garage and am trying to figure out how to deal with the small amount of water seepage I get occasionally towards the back wall. That's where my workbenches currently live and I can't imagine their wooden legs are going to like soaking up a bit of water once or twice a year. Assuming waterproofing the garage is our of the question is there anything I could coat the legs of the workbench in that would help? Rubber sheeting perhaps? It's usually only about 1/4" of water, but I'm sure it's enough to do some damage.

You might get four small plastic buckets or something similar for each leg to sit in. Just a thought.

Two thoughts come to mind. One, and I don't know how well this would work, would be to seal the ends of the bench legs with Anchorseal. It's a wax emulsion that turners put on freshly-cut green wood to keep moisture from escaping too rapidly and causing checks and cracks.

The other, and this is what I did since I have the same issue in my garage shop, is to hit up your local home center and pick up four small 1/2" thick paving stones and set the bench legs on top of them. The added height is negligible and the water has yet to touch the legs of my bench.

Would a piece of rubber work? I know they have those plastic/rubber feet for under furniture to protect floors. I don't know the size of your legs though. Maybe see if you could get an extra piece of linoleum and cut it to size.

Otherwise, I'd go with the epoxy like Mike said.

Jonathan

==============================