Opinions on drum sanders

wjffineww

There are those threaded rods with nuts on them and a built-in wrench for adjustment. The belt will drift towards the narrow side meaning your outboard side needs those nuts turned to push the conveyor rollers further apart. The catch is to make sure you don't end up with a parallelogram or it will drift, but not in a predictable way. On the infeed side, made sure the nuts are at the same place on both sides of the infeed conveyor roller. Count threads if you have to. Tension one side up on the outfeed side. Count threads and make the other side match. Run the conveyor slowly and increase the tension on the side where it's drifting to.

It's annoying, yes, but once you get it, you shouldn't have to worry about it until you replace the belt.

I think I used the word 'nuts' far too often in this post...

Thank you for the quick reply, I believe I'm doing things correctly somethings up though. I just tried it again, and the only way I can get it to run straight is if the outboard side is nice and snug, and the inside is sloppy loose. I know that's not right, but as soon as I tighten the inside the belt bunches up on the outboard side. All I need to adjust is the nuts with the attached wrench right? I apologize for being annoying....but I'm annoyed! Thanks again.

I have had mine for a couple yrs now but I had the same problem when I first bought it, called customer service and we went through all the stuff I already tried with no victory. They sent me a new conveyor-same problem! I called them back right away and they checked their stock-same problem. What it ended up being was they had just switched vendors of the belt itself and it was a little bigger at one end than the other. It took a bit for them to get a new vendor and me my belt (they actually sent me 2 for the inconvenience) but when they did I couldn't have been happier with it, and I got an extra conveyor and belt. I offered to send back the extra conveyor but they refused as they just wanted me to be happy. A month or so later I recieved a call making sure I was still having no problems and was satisfied, awesome service! Maybe you have recieved a model that was built in that same little time frame that sat on a shelf?? No matter what Jet will help you out and you will be smiling in the end. Keep us posted.

Nate