I love my Festool OF 2200

Bobby Slack

Marc, you are right. At the same time, I feel that I have better control using the 2200 than the 1400. Is great to have both. The dust collection is insane :)

I used the 2200 all day and my shop is reasonably clean then had to use a flush trim bit with the 1400 and had a few wood chips.

The problem is that I upgraded my lighting (more lights) and now I see every single detail. I needed the light because of my eyes.

OK rambling ... random ...

That thing is a beast!

I got my 2200 after WIA 2010 in conjunction with the dust collection system. I am very pleased. Was a bit concerned with the heft, but in use it feels very secure and easy to handle. And with more confidence than previous routers. Do not have any experience with other Festool routers, so can't compare. But I am a happy camper. Since adding the 2200 my PM hollow chisel mortiser has just collected dust [not from the 2200 of course ; ) ].

I hope I'm not crashing the party, but I had to chime in as well - The Festool OF2200 is my favorite monster plunge router! Actually, I'm not even sure that's a good description - It's my favorite portable shaper! It's tough to find any room for improvement on it - I use it regularly for Solid Surface work (Corian), and am proud to say I have no confetti in my shop!!!

And those of you who work with soldi surface know exactly what I mean!!!

Best,

Gregory