Forrest Woodworker II Question

Eric.

Hey guys, I'm about to go get myself a WWII blade for my new table saw, and while looking at the Grizzly catalog, I noticed there are two apparently identical blades with different model numbers. One is H4729 and the other is T20779 (I assume these are numbers Grizzly has assigned to them because they don't match any numbers on the Forrest website).

The difference is with the tooth design. One has an ATB which is generally considered the best all around tooth design for table saws. The other has a #1 grind which is a flat tooth and thus produces a flat bottom on its cuts and is useful if you are going to be making lots of little cuts to make dado's or similar effects. The grizzly description is wrong on the #1 grind. Grizzly tends to mess up a lot of descriptions or pictures on third party products sold through their website. I tend to buy those kinds of things through amazon or direct through the manufacturer.

The ATB design is the one you want as your first blade. However, I really appreciate also having the #1 grind. I tried various "rip" blades to give flat bottom dados and grooves, but wasn't happy with the few I tried. Marc mentioned the WW #1 grind. Besides dados it is handy for miter reinforcement splines and numerous other specialty cuts. So it is a good 2nd or 3rd blade. If you are ripping thick stock a good rip blade with fewer teeth is also useful. I don't use mine often, but when ripping thick stock for legs it nicely handles cuts that would bog down and maybe tend to burn on those heavy cuts.