Just thought I'd say hello

notquitea90

Hey all, I just signed up for the guild so I thought I'd send out a "hey all" to everyone. I've really only had a chance to briefly browse through the Whisperer site but I'm already glad I signed up. It looks like a great site with some really great members.

I wish I could tell you that I've got years of woodworking experience but the truth is I'm pretty new to this so I'll probably be the guy asking a lot of silly questions. As I all ways tell my wife "I wish God had made me a better woodworker instead of making me so damn good looking". :P

Any ways, I'm from Calgary, AB. It will be a few weeks before I can start into a new project because I'm upgrading a few pieces in my shop. I started out with some pretty basic stuff and I finally caved in and decided to upgrade my table saw so it will be a few weeks before I can start in on a new project but I'm looking forward to following along in the builds that are being posted such as the Adirondack Chair.

I look forward to chatting with everyone and taking part in the upcoming projects.

Hey <90, welcome to the guild. If you've been pokin' around the site, you've seen some of the cool features. There is also a community on Twitter. It's not necessarily a Whisperer thing, just quite a few of the same people you'll run into at the live shows, forum and chatroom. If you don't know about the chatroom, http://thewoodwhisperer.com/live/ head on over there sometime and check it out. There are more and more live streams all the time, you can peek into someone else's shop. Plus, a great place to get quick answer. Most of the time.

Welcome, you've picked a great place to find a wealth of information and ask questions. If you haven't already, I'd recommend watching some of the earliest Wood Whisperer videos. They cover a lot of foundation topics and will get you started on the right foot.

Thanks for the replies guys. I came up with the name after noticing people had a tendency to lean to one side or another when looking at my finished pieces ( :lol: jk’ing). My forum name on other sites is 3times2short *(as in “I cut three times and it’s still too short!”) but people kept asking what it meant so I thought I’d go with something a bit more self explanatory this time.

Anyways, all I can say is what an awesome site. I was a bit hesitant when I first saw the price for a guild membership but I can honestly say now that it was worth every penny. Most sites or videos tend to be aimed a bit of a higher skill level and have a tendency to skip steps or explanations but Marc goes right detail on all the aspects of construction from start to finish. For a guy like me that is fantastic. Add to that ability to down load plans in various formats (like sketch up), really the membership pays for itself.

But still the one thing that really grabbed my attention were the members who where commenting on the site and the group builds (talk about great idea!). It looks like a great bunch of guys (and gals). Really Marc, I gotta give your site two big red swollen thumbs up bud. It really is a great site.