The Real Micahel Moore Lives In Utah

mijomo

Hello,

My name is Michael but you can call me Mikey (or M). I'm fairly new to woodworking but have wanted to get into it for some time. My current woodworking aspirations are building Guitar Speaker Cabinets and Solid Body Guitars. One day I would love to get into Modern Furniture Design and Small Home Prefab.

I was first tempted by the thought of woodworking when I heard that Jesus was a carpenter. I later saw a violin and cello up close for the first time and wanted to get into woodworking even more but it wasn't until I saw the Goetz Sofa by Herman Miller at age of 17 that I knew I would one day have to design things that were made of wood. Now 12 years (after seeing the Goetz) and 4 kids later I am starting to invest into my dream.

I am a father, husband, musician, designer, trainer, coach, and teacher. I currently work in the music industry as a coach training people about everything from Guitars to DJ Equipment. I work for one of the largest musical company in the U.S. and tend to spend most of my time training and coaching people on things like call control, sales techniques, customer service, and technical support.

I live in Utah. It's not my first choice of where to be, but it's not all that bad once you settle in and have a few kids. We'll probably move out of here once we can afford it.

I hope to get to know some of you on here and plan on being active when I can.

That's it for now

- M. Moore