diameter help please

davestanton

A strange thing to ask, but does anyone know the 27 mm and 36 mm festool anti-static hoses fittings internal diameters. I ask because I am about to build a service cart for my shop. The cart will have my new vac as well as a triton dust bucket living side by side in the base. I am going to make a boom arm out of 50mm PVC pipe and with a festool 5 metre hose.

Also, is there any advantage of using the 36mm hose instead of the 27mm hose considering the triton dust bucket has I think a 32 mm inlet.

The top of the cart will be an area that the tool being used can live on. Also might have a drawer slung under the top for the vac's accessories. Wish me luck! :)

I can't believe that out of 55 views that there isn't anyone with a festool vac :mellow: . Oh well, there is a massive trade day in Sydney tomorrow and I will have a browse around that to see if I can get some info... ;)

Also, I have run into the same situation with my vac service cart as I did with a mitre saw table, looks like it may be cheaper to buy this rolling cabinet rather than make from Ply etc. Priced the ply and it came to just over $200, then buy the drawer slides and heavy casters another $80. This unit does not have a drawer but does have the appeal to me that it will match the last unit I purchased from the same guy. :D Easy enough to add a side caddy for attachments and power lead winding points.

I asked myself if this was all starting to cost maybe the price of a festool vac and when I checked The Australian Festool site pricing I relaxed and knew I was way ahead. The unit will stay in the shop and not have to get lugged around. And of course when you add the boom arm you can see that I have just payed out about a third of the total price.

I will post a picture of the completed unit when finished, boom arm and all. :)

The fitting side of a D27/D36 hose is 53mm ID/57.5mm OD.

For completeness:

the tool-end of the D27 is 26mm ID/38mm OD

the tool-end of the D36 is 39mm ID/45mm OD.

Those were measured with my calipers, not from a product listing.

So unless I'm reading incorrectly, the Triton vac has a 32mm inlet and that will go to the dust buck that will go to the boom arm, which is 50mm PVC pipe. That will in turn attach to a Festool AS hose. If you make the end of the boom arm work with the AS hose fittings, you could, of course, switch between a D27 and D36 hose as they have the same fitting.

The D27 is great for the smaller tools like the sanders, Domino, jigsaw, etc. The D36 has more room for chips and is noticeably better for the routers and even the TS-75 (I don't have a TS-55 so I don't know if it can make do with a D27). Even with the 32mm inlet of the Triton, you should get better airflow through the D36 due to reduced turbulence. The D27 will work with all the tools whereas the D36 will only work with some (larger routers and tracksaws). Unless you can get a dealer to make you a D36->D27 adapter, you'd likely be happier with just a D27.

Well, never made the show but I DID hunt around some of the different plumbing supplies shops as well as pool stores. Came home with a few things as well as the rolling cabinet and a steel wall cabinet for chemicals. I plan on assembling them in around 16 hours. Talk about playing up to the American time zones. It will be 8.30 am Australian Eastern standard time Wednesday. North American times will vary, but I believe most likely early evening Tuesday.

Tune into my channel if you are interested in how easy these things go together. Must make the statement that I do not sell them or have any affiliation with the company that imports them. -_-