Fein vs Festool

dwacker

That's like comparing a BMW and a Mercedes. I had the Fein vac and I really liked it. In fact, it worked so well that a relative "borrowed" it from me and has yet to return it. That being said I am currently bidding on a Festool midi so I guess it really comes down to what vac you can get a better deal on.

I own the Festool 22 and love it. Fein tools are great as well from what I have heard, the main difference is the family aspect of the Festools linking together. I know when I was at Rockler looking before I bought, one of the workers gave his opinion of the two and he leaned more towards the Festool but this was a few years ago and I honestly don't remember his reasons. All I can say is that I really like Festool and a recent event with their customer support has made me even more sure about my decision.

Nate

I own the Festool 22 and love it. Fein tools are great as well from what I have heard, the main difference is the family aspect of the Festools linking together. I know when I was at Rockler looking before I bought, one of the workers gave his opinion of the two and he leaned more towards the Festool but this was a few years ago and I honestly don't remember his reasons. All I can say is that I really like Festool and a recent event with their customer support has made me even more sure about my decision.

Nate

Im a rehabilitated festool junkie :) so am just looking at other options.

Don

I attach all of my Festool tools to a Fein Turbo II and it does as good of a job as the Festool CT. At the time Festool was between models, 22/32 and 26/36, and I couldn't wait for the release of the newer vacs. The only edge I'll give the Festool is the variable suction control is easier to manage (turning a knob) as opposed to Fein's control (pushing a button repeatedly to increase or decrease).

One tip - Fein does make a stepped adapter that fits their hose and can be trimmed to fit the Festool tools nicely, however you will need multiples of them if you have various tools because some fit over the dust port on the tool and some inside. If you can, pick up a Festool antistatic hose. It will fit every tool without the need for an adapter and the other end goes right into the Fein Turbo like it was born to be there.

I attach all of my Festool tools to a Fein Turbo II and it does as good of a job as the Festool CT. At the time Festool was between models, 22/32 and 26/36, and I couldn't wait for the release of the newer vacs. The only edge I'll give the Festool is the variable suction control is easier to manage (turning a knob) as opposed to Fein's control (pushing a button repeatedly to increase or decrease).

One tip - Fein does make a stepped adapter that fits their hose and can be trimmed to fit the Festool tools nicely, however you will need multiples of them if you have various tools because some fit over the dust port on the tool and some inside. If you can, pick up a Festool antistatic hose. It will fit every tool without the need for an adapter and the other end goes right into the Fein Turbo like it was born to be there.

Thanks! Thats exactly the information I was looking for.

Don

I own both an older Fein Turbo III and a Newer Festool CT 36. My Fein does not have the variable suction which is one of the things that I love about my Festool. I still use the fein for the larger chip makers like the routers. Another thing that I liked about the Festool is the self cleaning bag and never loosing suction basically until the bag is completely full.

I also have the workcenter for my Festool vac which might be another consideration. The vacuum basically became a traveling workstation that I used extensively on a recent room remodel. It was nice having all my tools in one centralized location. That coupled with the boom arm made for a pleasant remodel. The only downside is that a $500 vac quickly becomes an $1100 vac when you add all the bells and whistles.