Internal Server Error - Some additional information that may or may not help.

Onboard

I don’t know if this information is useful in troubleshooting the WTO intermittent connection problem, but here’s what I experienced this morning.

I went to the post “This Mahogany is rough stuff”, read that, and then got out of that post and clicked on the post “Need design ideas for top trim of entertainment center”. The time I click on that link was 8:35AM (just a few seconds after getting out of the previous post). The time out was approximately 4 minute, and then the usual “Internal Server Error” message came up. After that I went back to the main WTO site from a short cut which brought up the “Internal Server Error” immediately. I was able to get back onto WTO after an 11 minute wait or at 8:41AM. Of course that's by my clock setting.

Hopefully, there will be a log file on the server and / or within the WTO database that recorded the event information.

NOTE: Just after getting back in as described above, I went back to read the post “Need design ideas for top trim of entertainment center”. Spent less than a minute there and then got out of that post and clicked on the main WTO link. Again, I got the usual “Website found. Waiting for reply…”. This was at 9:00AM. This lasted a total of 10 minutes and 30 seconds before I could get back to the WTO main page.

I’m hearing that the WTO database is suspect. Long ago when I had some involvement with databases, a repair was run on a routine bases to keep the database from corrupting to the point of failure. I don’t know if this is even done with today’s databases or maybe it’s automatic, but just a thought.

P.S. I just noticed that the posting time on this post is 7:56AM. I posted this at 8:56AM. I verified that Arizona is currently the same time as pacific coast time, not an hour behind. However, right after posting this P.S., it changed back to 8:56AM. Strange.

P.S.S. I see that the time is now back to 7:56AM. I think the server for WTO is in California but that may be as far as I can tell with the "tracert" command, but it should read 8:56AM. It may mean nothing, but for what it's worth.