new cajon project/ultra small WS

ediazf

Well, I am building a new cajon drum, I have done 3 or 4 and the jig (finger joint), clamping method etc, that I used so far needed to be upgraded.

I modified my super ultra ''mdf on sawhorses" workbench to have a new mitre slot to fit my tablesaw mitre gauge (the runner is easily changeable between the jig and the table saw gauge). Then I made a new jig, this one well built, finished for protection and a finger support made of hardwood so it doesn't wear out as the older one. Bought new clamps too!

I took a picture of the top and botton of the cajon sticked together with the fingers already made. You can see my workshop is half a balcony, a small balcony haha but the bench is on sawhorses and work as an essambly table, router table and I can easily take it appart to fit my small table saw so, little work on moving things, but it works out.

if anyone is interested on my finger joint jig, I can take pictures and explain, it turned out so well (i guess is super easy then haha) that it's kind of my little pride and joy right now : )

post-519-0-38168000-1315340678_thumb.jpg