Hands Off! next toothpick in the "raw"

jHop

So I was cleaning out the camera this evening, and I ran across this series of photos I took from a Labor Day hike. Keep in mind, I'm standing in the same place the entire time. Unfortunately, due to the photo sizes, i can only post two in this particular comment, so I'll put the others in a second post in this thread.

This was taken in the midst of the Cleveland Metroparks, a preserve of nature where it's allowed to pretty much go as it will. Absolutely no cutting of trees is allowed (much to my dismay on this beauty), so it's a bit of life as it was.

This policy does have it's drawbacks, but for the most part, you get to see what the lumber you are dealing with at the store started out as. Both as the squirrels and chipmunks drag the nuts off to chew, and as they climb the tree that it came from.

now, as long as we are dreaming.... what projects would you have lined up for this fellow?

post-655-0-84093500-1318390788_thumb.jpgpost-655-0-43158500-1318390813_thumb.jpg