Rockwell Unisaw Fence???

MattGo58

Hi guys, I had a great weekend because I just got a new(used) table saw for the shop! I upgraded from a little job site portable dewalt table saw to a Rockwell Unisaw Model # 34-466. The only problem is that the fence is beat up and out of square. You guys have suggestions for a new fence that is super sweet but not a wallet killer? Thanks for your suggestions!

It could be any where from a piece of scrap lumber clamped to the table saw surface (not very accurate, nor square) to the really fancy, expensive ones. IMHO this is one area that one should not scrimp on price. A fence is something you depend on regularly to be true and square. You want it to be adjustable to fine tune the fence to the table and the face of the fence should be flat (no bows). I bought a low end after market fence and a Kreg miter guage to put on my old (30+ years) used Sears contractor table saw and it made a world of difference.

You can check out the forums over at Old Wood Working Machines (owwm.org) for some ideas for that old iron. A Biesemeyer will probably cost more than what you paid for the saw, but there are other options, like the Delta T2 fence. Just do a search on owwm on unisaw fence and you will get tons of hits.

I just got done cleaning up a 1952 Unisaw. I am using the original jet lock fence but will probably upgrade it soon.