Wood Suppliers & Mills (Canada and/or BC)

Stephens_Shop

I am hoping that this stimulates a few new contacts in terms of wood supplies for me and others. I currently use P.J. White Hardwood Ltd. in Vancouver for my supplies but I am trying to find other good sources of wood for our craft. I am interested in Hardwoods, Softwoods and Exotics but was thinking that there may be a few small mills and suppliers I am not aware of in the province or elsewhere in Canada that may offer better pricing, wood and variety.

US locations are welcome as well but I am not sure about how much I will get dinged at the boarder when it is shipped in.

I would love to find a few BC mills or exotic suppliers who offer good prices, quality wood and service.

Anyone care to share any awesome wood source finds?

Stephen.

ps. If I had the right equipement and a truck I woould head to the beach and get me some fresh Douglas Firs tossed up by the surf.... but that is not possible for me :(

Hello Stephen,

Try to find Vernon's Tree service in Aldergrove I think. He take down trees for the Surrey Parks Board and mills up the interesting stuff. I've bought a load of black locust off him in the past.

Also, the Vancouver Island Woodworkers guild rescues urban cut trees. Mills, dries and sells to members at cost.