Can anyone help put with shipping the Roubo hardware to the UK

Chopcat

I have ordered from benchcrafted and will be hit with not only a hefty shipping charge, they only send fed expensive, but also ludicrous import duty and taxes here. These add up to around an additional 40% of the cost.

Does anyone have any links with shippers that might be cheaper or would be prepared to help with shipping the bits to the UK? Not for free you understand ! I will pay of course if we can work out a way to make it cheaper.

Oh and if anyone is looking for anything her from old Blighty, like er.. a cricket ball, tea, Windsor Castle or something. Let me know and i will see what I can do.

cheers

CC

I have ordered the hardware and think the shipping charge of $162 is very reasonable, bear in mind this is heavy stuff and would have to go in the hold and cost a lot more if taken on a passenger flight. The goods would still have to be declared and import duty and vat will be applied. I don't know if Fedex charge for using their account for paying the vat, other carriers do and that is yet another charge.

The taxes will be charged because of the value of the goods, vat + 20% and import duty at 6.5 % I think?...I wonder where the phrase 'rip off Britain' came from? You can save a small amount of money by using a paypal account to pay because they will charge you in Sterling, a credit card company will charge you in USD, make the conversion and then charge a fee on top of that.