Finally got my Lumber today!

I would HIGHLY recommend that you follow the sequence of the videos. Marc and Aaron have designed the process to work very well in sequence. Think about it...there are so many aesthetic approaches for you to use on the top - the most visible part of your bench. You really should take the time to get that exactly how you want it (thickness, width, vise locations, dog hole strip, etc). Only then, should you consider even starting on the base. By the time you build up all the experience with the top=slab lamination (whether you do a single slab or split top, you may decide (as did I, for example) to make thicker (6") legs, which will require lamination, even with your killer timbers there.

Marc's videos are in sequence for a reason. Take your time, be patient, and we'll be waiting on the other side to see how your kick ash workbench comes out!

Nice wood! But your ash is showing... doh! :)

I totally agree with Allen's advice. While there are certainly different opinions about the order, the videos are done in a particular sequence. If you go out of sequence, you might find it a little trickier to follow along and anticipate the next move. Having big slabs just means you'll be able to get to the next step faster.

• 2 weeks later...