If I am planning on doing all round dog holes then?

I went back and forth and read plenty on the whole chevy/fart round/square thing and have decided to just go with a set of rounds and in skimming over the plans for the past little bit I am not seeing why I cannot just glue the whole front slab up full width..am I missing something here? I am heading out to pick up all the materials tomorrow morning and when I get back Ill continue reading and watching the vids but wanted to get your take. Thanks

If you are using the benchcrafted tail vise then you will find that it's easier to create the recess for the sliding dog block by keeping the dog hole strip separate. But if you are using a different vise then you may be able to glue up the whole front slab at once. I guess it also depends on how you are drilling the dog holes. If you are using a drill press it's going to be easier to drill the holes in a separate strip rather than throw the entire slab onto the drill press table.

This is why I asked, because i would just prefer to use the press for my drilling on a single piece instead of the slab but in no way do i want to cause any difficulty in preparing the area for the benchcrafted tail vise because that is what i plan on installing. Hmm

I would pretty much just follow the plans with the exception of the dog strip details. Instead of making that from two pieces and routing your dog holes, you can take one solid piece of stock, drill your holes at the drill press, and then glue that to the slab. The process really won't be all that different.