Router Table Built Into SawStop Table Saw Extension Wing

ShaunHarper

Ok I just upgraded to a SawStop professional cabinet saw. It has a plastic covered extension table with wood ribbing underneath. I just sold my Norm Abrahm Router Table as I no longer have the space for something that big and I want to incorporate the router into the extension table. Has anyone done this with their table saw? I just purchased the Jessem Master Rout-R Lift and will install that. I'm thinking of reinforcing the underside of the current table top with a sheet of 1/2 MDF and then reinstalling the wood ribbings around the lift. Any suggestions?

There's already another thread on here somewhere. I replaced the extension table with a router table, dust box, and electrical distribution so the saw, router, and light (I need one where its at) all feed off one power cable. Nice not to trip on stuff. Love the setup. Here's all the details including some other links to some of the other modifications that went along with it.

• Like 1

I recently purchased Jessem's Mast-R-Lift system and love it. However, I've read that installing the lift on non-Jessem tables can be frustrating in terms of proper fit and leveling. Jessem sells templates ($25) for those making custom tables. I can't vouch for their usefulness because I haven't needed them, but they're cheap and may be worth avoiding the hassles that others have encountered.

Thanx Pagel. I just ordered the template. The Jessem table would need to be cut down to fit in the extension table space so I am going to try the template with the existing insert. I am not sure the T track is all that helpful. I never used the one I had with Norm's router table cabinet. There is plenty of room to use the Saw Stop fence. I will need to come up with a dust collection box. I will post pictures when it is operational.