Darrell & Terry Peart Shop/ studio Tour

darrellpeart

Hello Everyone,

My wife (Terry) and I are having a open shop/studio on August 18th (2012) from 1 – 6pm

address:

9824 30th Ave SW

Seattle,Wa 98126

My shop is one the ground floor ( 2500 sq ft) and my wife’s studio is up above (600 sq ft).

I will have samples of my work on display and might even have some work in progress.

Stop by and talk woodworking and/or Greene & Greene

Any and all are welcome

http://furnituremaker.com/open.htm

Here are some 360-degree images that Tim Celeski took at my last open shop (5 years ago)

http://furnituremaker.com/Woodworking.htm

I hope to see meet some of you there!

Darrell

I was just over there last month for a bending class with Seth Rolland at PT School of Woodworking. My wife went with me and enjoyed the area, so hopefully next year, I'll get to go again. I'd like to take a week course.

Thanks, Darrell! Mickey put together a great class for the CT Tea Table, starting with the six of us measuring and templating the original at a local museum. In between business trips, I'm slowly completing it.

Our class was drooling over the mountain of material Bob was prepping for your two classes. Hopefully, I'll join you one of these days...

• Like 1

I felt sorry fot Bob - he thought he had a final count for the class then on Friday one more was added then one more on Satrurday - two spereate last minute trips to the lumber yard !

I had wanted to visit an east coast lumber yard so I went along on Friday - everything was laid out in horizantle racks - no vertical racks - I was suprised - the cherry looked a lot nicer than what we get here in Seattle.

I felt sorry fot Bob - he thought he had a final count for the class then on Friday one more was added then one more on Satrurday - two spereate last minute trips to the lumber yard !

I had wanted to visit an east coast lumber yard so I went along on Friday - everything was laid out in horizantle racks - no vertical racks - I was suprised - the cherry looked a lot nicer than what we get here in Seattle.

I wish the yards used vertical racks, it would be a lot less work to pick! Must be an East Coast / New England thing...

The only dealer I've seen here that used vertical racking were Woodcraft retail stores, all the "real" yards store horizontal stacks. My usual dealer racks most stock ends-out, on two levels. Getting picky can be quite a workout, especially with larger boards, and on the mezzanines.

I'm pretty sure most of the nice cherry Bob gets comes directly from Pennsylvania.