Do I have to use a dust collector with a SawStop?

BoWingo

The problem I experienced was similar to the one Kmoura had. After the brake fires, you have to lower it all the way done and raise it back up to reset. When there was alot of dust inside the saw, it would not seat correctly when raised back up. After cleanup, the problem was solved. It sounds like you have an ICS? My experiences are with a PCS - perhaps Kmoura has the same. The saw and mechanisms are definitely much heavier on the ICS.

Yep, I have the ICS. That's interesting. Thanks.

Bo - your best long-term bet might be to add a subpanel in the garage, as you say. Running a single line back to the panel, and then branching out from there in the garage. Plus - and this is something I've always liked - with a single throw of a breaker, you can shut down all the outlets that feed your tools.

As for your saw - what model is your delta? I used to have a 34-670 that was a direct drive yet actually had a small belt in the motor housing. Mine was seemingly broken once and I ended up removing/cleaning/replacing the brushes on the motor, and it worked fine afterwards. I don't miss that saw...

As for your saw - what model is your delta? I used to have a 34-670 that was a direct drive yet actually had a small belt in the motor housing. Mine was seemingly broken once and I ended up removing/cleaning/replacing the brushes on the motor, and it worked fine afterwards. I don't miss that saw...

That's the saw that I have, the Delta 34-670. I found the belt in the schematic diagram last night and it's part 34-674 (which makes me think that it's intended to be a replaceable part), but I can't seem to find it online. Of course, I still need to take the motor assembly apart and make sure that's actually what I need. I'll take a look at the brushes while I'm in there.

And, come on, that saw's not that bad...when it's the only table saw you've ever used and you don't know any better. :rolleyes:

Don't get me wrong, I got a lot done with the saw. Once set up with a decent blade and a better fence it worked quite well. But it was definitely a screamer - I hope you use hearing protection. Are you using the stock fence or did you upgrade it?

I know the belt you mean. When mine seemed like it was going I found the manuals and parts lists but never had to go through actually ordering. Hve you tried www.ereplacementparts.com ?

The saw:

http://www.ereplacementparts.com/delta-34670-type-inch-table-saw-parts-c-3275_3334_7059.html

The belt:

http://www.ereplacementparts.com/drive-belt-1038-p-1047537.html

Using the stock fence, and yes, it's atrocious. I can see what you mean when you say it's a "screamer", but like I said, I've never used another table saw, so I didn't really think it was that bad.

To those who asked, there are no more circuits in the garage except the lights. That circuit's shared with the living room lights and outlets, so I won't be using that for tools as it's already pretty well loaded, and the last thing I want to do is trip the breaker to my lights while running a table saw. :o