First true project: Jewelry Box

Brian Kelley

Hey All, I just wrapped up my first real project (one that actually has quality). I currently have a very limited set of tools, circular saw, jig saw, drill and my neighbors mitre saw (that he lent then asked me to hold onto for his own space).

With Christmas coming, me and the fiance agreed to exchange a gift early, I gave her a new scope for her new to her rifle, and she gave me... a bench top table saw :-D

I wanted / needed the table saw to make her other gift, the jewelry box as her little one is over flowing. This was made completely on said table saw.

I'm waiting on (hopefully from my parents) a router to wrap it up completely.

post-8168-0-58346000-1354572569_thumb.jp

post-8168-0-97968000-1354572570_thumb.jp

post-8168-0-46629100-1354572571_thumb.jp

post-8168-0-96817400-1354572571_thumb.jp

post-8168-0-38308900-1354572572_thumb.jp

post-8168-0-78773300-1354572572_thumb.jp

Not a bad little box and even better is that you made it with a very limited tool base. Just more proof that it comes down as much to desire to make something vs. the tools to do it. There's always a way when there's a will do to something.

Way to go.

It looks great! Your mitered corners are very tight, which is not a small accomplishment early on.

How did you get the raised panel look to the top without a router?

Good Job!

Thanks! The dewalt saw came pretty accurate which was one of the dexiding factora in buying it. I also tried using a 45° square to set the blade for the mitre cuts but it was still about .5° off... nothing some putty can't fix lol.

The raised panel look was done on the table saw as well. I raised the blade up and tilted it about 5°. Luckily the lid was big enough to safely hold with out getting too close to the blade. I would never attempt it if it wasn't.

Not a bad little box and even better is that you made it with a very limited tool base. Just more proof that it comes down as much to desire to make something vs. the tools to do it. There's always a way when there's a will do to something.

Way to go.

Thanks. I've always felt the table saw and router are the two best tools. So I decided to get the table saw first then hopefully the router. Funds are tight but it is just a hobby... that I've always loved