4848 CnC machine

robjeffking

Ive been away for a couple of months getting familar with my new machine.  I purchased a zenbot 4848 cnc and things have been going great.  I started making money with it one week after I got familar with the software.  Ive been looking at them for the past year and half and the unknowns of programming was the only  thing holding me back.  So I took the leap and things went very smoothly, I chose Vectrics Vcarve Pro and Cut 3d that use very straight forward programming thats  easy to learn.   All in with every thing I picked for my setup I spent about 4,000 and Ive alrdy made close to half my money back in 2 months.  I made a totally enclosed 6ft sound proof room out of my storage room in the shop with sound proof glass doors and windows in my office/program area.  The capacity of my cnc is 4' x 4' bed with 5 inches of z travel powered with a 2.25 hp router. 

post-5469-0-41263600-1374175664_thumb.jp

post-5469-0-75445500-1374175915_thumb.jp

post-5469-0-99972200-1374176707_thumb.jp

post-5469-0-72306200-1374177096_thumb.jp

post-5469-0-57737000-1374177123_thumb.jp

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Im looking to upgrade to Aspire from VCP 7.0  next year. Im glad that Vectric gives you a 600.00 credit towards the aspire software not many companys out there would do that.  Ive just had a request to cut very thin sheet metal 1/16th of a inch.  Have you ever cut any and what kinfd of feedrate would you use with a .125 endmill?

Nice machine rob, makes me super excited for the arrival of my CNC. As for the thin sheet metal it depends how hard or what type of sheet metal. I have cut aluminum before and that I slowed the spindle down a bunch (10,000 ish). Depends on the bit you are using and the metal itself. I would get some extra and do some test cuts. Also I would be careful using nice wood bits on metal, they might cut fine but they can also dull really quick. You might what you look a getting a spiral bit rated for cutting metal. What ever you use report back, I would love to see how it works for you, and what you end up cutting out. 

Hi    Rob

If it is true in woodworking you can never have enough clamps ,Then with CNC you can never have enough  patterns.  Attached or a few that I purchased from Vectric.

Thanks for posting

https://picasaweb.google.com/ubasmartin/FlourishesOrnaments?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCJXT_JjahuWJSg&feat=directlink

https://picasaweb.google.com/ubasmartin/ThingsIHaveMade?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCMKpsteR4_KEEQ&feat=directlink

• 1 year later...