Add heat/air to the shop

dlgWoodWork

I have a 12' × 20' garage. This is my woodshop. It is attached to the house, so one 20' wall is insulated. The back wall (12') and other side wall (20') are not insulated. The front 12' wall is mostly taken up by the non-insulated garage door. The door is about 9-10' wide. The ceiling is mostly uninsulated as well. Typical 12' × 20' one car garage.

I live in Northeast Arkansas. Temps range from 100 in a hot summer to single digits on a nice January day.

I want to be able to work in the shop year round comfortably. A few things I would like to do:

Insulate the shop, including the ceiling

insulate or replace garage door, this could include closing off the wall and putting in regular double doors

add small electric (electric is only option available) heat/air unit

maybe add wood floor to cover the concrete floor

So my questions are:

How much cost am I looking at?

What size/type heat and air unit could I get?

Have you done similar?

Any other advice?

My garage is 17.5' x 22' I had 1 uninsulated wall, and a wooden door with a row of glass panels on the top. Here's what I did last year.

Ran a 60 amp sub panel to my garage

Ran 110 20 amp outlets to all the walls, ran a couple of 220v outlets

Ran a 30 amp 220 to my heater (5000 Watt)

Ripped down all the sheet rock on the uninsulated wall, insulated and put up new sheetrock

Put up new wind block weatherstripping stuff to keep wind and pests out

Put closed cell foam tape between the garage door folds

Put a foam rubber wind stop on the bottom of the door to seal out air and drafts

Hung 10 t12 double bulb fluorescent lights 

In total, doing all the work myself I paid about 1000 in materials (wire, outlets, breakers, panel, switches, lights, light fixtures, heater, insulation, sheetrock, joint compound, Behr Ultra 5 gallons of OOPS Paint from home depot, seem tape)

My garage has a room over it so the ceiling is already insulated. 

• 2 weeks later...