The Batman Walking Stick Project

Tom Cancelleri

Thanks TIODS. You should see the walnut where the cuts for the logo is, it's got some amazing grain and color variations. The BLO made all the grain pop real nice. I can't wait until my bro in law sees it. He's gonna flip. He does however have to wait over a month, and only a couple of people know about this project.

Better think again - Just over 10,000 members here.    :)

Beautiful... my niece's husband would go beserk if he got one of those... hint hint :)

Dave,

You planning on doing any turning? There's a turning club called Catoctin Area Turners which is located in Leesburg http://catoctinareaturners.org/v5/I've been thinking about joining, but haven't really gotten around to it yet. 

I would love to lurn to turn...sorry.  Although the lathe is on my list it is down the road a bit.  I was watching a gentlemen demonstrate it at WoodCraft and could see how addicting it could be...just watching your creation come to life in front of you is hypnotic.

I would love to lurn to turn...sorry.  Although the lathe is on my list it is down the road a bit.  I was watching a gentlemen demonstrate it at WoodCraft and could see how addicting it could be...just watching your creation come to life in front of you is hypnotic.

I find turning to be therapeutic. There are no "Whoops" I made a mistake when turning (unless your project explodes, or you over turn a pen) usually if I make mistake I call an audible and adjust the bead or whatever to make it all better. Tools for turning however get expensive and the uses and specialty tools are all different, though for basic turning one could get by with 3-4 gouges.