Tapatalk help

Llama

I'm not going to be of much help. I implemented Tapatalk a long time ago and then removed it because it's a little to pushy for mobile users who don't use the program. I think just enough files remain to keep it functional for users. But I wouldn't be surprised if at some point it just stops working. Perhaps this is a result of me disabling it previously. Honestly, I don't really know. Perhaps other Tapatalk users can chime in.

I'm not going to be of much help. I implemented Tapatalk a long time ago and then removed it because it's a little to pushy for mobile users who don't use the program. I think just enough files remain to keep it functional for users. But I wouldn't be surprised if at some point it just stops working. Perhaps this is a result of me disabling it previously. Honestly, I don't really know. Perhaps other Tapatalk users can chime in.  Marc, do you go to the tapatalk forum? I think there are ways to make it less obtrusive. I think you just delete some files in the plugin. -Jason

I did see an odd issue... Not sure whats going on with it, but with Tapatalk I can't see and posts passed 50. For instance, if there are 52 posts in a thread, I can only see the first 50.

Not a biggie, but it is frustrating when looking at something.

I use Tapatalk, because it is far more user friendly on a mobile device such as my iPhone than the standard page, or even the mobile page.

An issue came up recently that the mobile page makes me sign in every time I reopen the page. Not sure with that either.  

Marc, do you go to the tapatalk forum? I think there are ways to make it less obtrusive. I think you just delete some files in the plugin. -Jason

When I did the initial install, I made the changes necessary to remove the initial prompting on mobile devices. An update brought it back and I just didn't have time to worry about researching it's removal again. It just became something to put on the back burner. When time permits, I might look into it again. 

OK I reinstalled and enabled Tapatalk. I don't see the popup yet on my phone, which is good. I can't seem to find definitive info on how to disable the popup though I only looked for a few minutes. If I start seeing the popup, I'll do more research on how to remove it. If for whatever reason I can't remove it, the plugin will be disabled again. But for now, we're in the clear.

I am in the shop all day so I won't be able to investigate. But if anyone can find me some good information on how to modify the tapatalk files to prevent the popup, that would be very helpful. I haven't seen the popup myself yet but if one person sees it, it's only a matter of time before more see it. If we can't get rid of the popup, we get rid of the app. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately no. We run the latest version of the software.

I also noticed the popup occurs on iOS if you go to the full version of the site. Nothing seems to pop up on the mobile version or the app. But I really don't like Tapatalk presenting itself as the official app for this forum. That's a bit over-reaching on their part.