Inserting a cut into a blog entry?

Lawrence Brown

So when posting a blog entry, I can't seem to find any way of inserting a cut (the link that says "read full entry"). Is there any way to do this? Since it just seems to arbitrarily decide where to do this, we get posts that consist of a little bit of text and then a whole bunch of pictures that cause all the lower entries to scroll off the screen. I'd rather not do this to people if I want to document something.

Also, what's the difference between "read full entry" and "source..."? I see both on posts but can't figure out the difference.

When you setup the link to your blog, there's a checkbox that indicates whether you want the whole article imported or just the first bit of it. The former generates a "read full story" link when the entry is longer than the snippet it puts on the blog page. The latter generates a "source" link as it intentionally just brings in a teaser. Regrettably, it seems you can't change that link property after the fact. I felt like deleting my blog and re-importing it for the latter function, but it will lose the comments. Since there are so few and they are so long ago, I might go ahead and do so :)