paint finish

jimmykx250

looking for some advice on a stressed painted finish. On this current build my wife is doing a stressed finish. 2 coats white primer,2 coats historic yellow and 2 top coats of brick red. She then sands the edges and the yellow comes thru it looks cool. Well before I put some clear coats on it I was thinking I should try to wet sand? some of the scratches out in the areas that are not stressed. She got carried away with the sponge when she was sanding. She is telling me to leave it that it just makes the finish look more authentic. Any thoughts?

I also noticed 3 sets of small waves in the plywood top which are really aggrivating me because i hand sanded it and didnt see it until the red paint went on!!! IT's killing me!

I will post pics soon!

Listen to your Wife...its easier that way ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) What top-coat are you gonna apply?

Im good at pretending to listen. In fact ive learned that the "your right honey i dont know what i was thinking" statement is worth it's weight in gold:) :) :) enduro var water base clear coat on top satin (general finishes) same maker as the paints.