Danish Oil Help

lildesertwoodshop

I have a slab ish style small table top, I used Danish oil for the first time and am super happy with the results. My Questions are  do I let it dry and call it a day , and if so would a client have to re apply and if so how often? Or do I seal it with some past wax?  I was trying to avoid traditional sealing methods for time constraint reasons.  Thanx  All

Couple of coats is all you need. Danish oil is nothing more than an oil based varnish thinned considerably to a wiping consistency. It's something like 75% solvent, or something rediculously like that. It's way more solvent than oil or resin. So apply a few coats, scuffing with a scotchbrite pad between coats and you should be good to go. It's a film finish so it is a sealer itself.

• Like 1

The directions should be followed precisely, as far as drying is concerned, and it is usually recommended that it dry for several days before any other finish is applied. All that solvent takes a while to boil off. It also is usually recommended that you use a wax over the top. I like to add a coat of Orange oil/bees wax. It does a great job.