Arghhhh Maintenance!

Bobby Slack

And necessary :P I own this little Metabo DH316 13-by-6-1/4-Inch Portable Thickness Planer that is a life saver when needed. Got it pretty cheap. I need to buy blades.

Where can I find them ... anybody?

Problems ... i can't get flat cuts across the bed so the way I cheat is to feed the piece in one direction ... rotate ... re-feed. I take very small passes. I am aware that this can create some tear out but so far this worked for me.

I do need blades, never changed them since 2008.

And necessary :P I own this little Metabo DH316 13-by-6-1/4-Inch Portable Thickness Planer that is a life saver when needed. Got it pretty cheap. I need to buy blades.

Problems ... i can't get flat cuts across the bed so the way I cheat is to feed the piece in one direction ... rotate ... re-feed. I take very small passes. I am aware that this can create some tear out but so far this worked for me.

Don't know where to buy blades off hand. Any reason you cant just have the current blades re-sharpened?

Probably but I was hoping for new and better ones. I will take them to my saw sharpening dude. Anderson Saw here in Southern California, got some saw blades as well. But is always good to have a spare set of blades.

Don't know where to buy blades off hand. Any reason you cant just have the current blades re-sharpened?

Bobby, I did find this blade but it is expensive (same here). Looks like only one blade. I think a parts diagram I ran across showed two blades for your planer(?). It sounds like the blade is 18% tungsten carbide.

udaman I was emailing this morning with Ike Tipton from Metabo and he gave me exactly the part number you mentioned 0911063549

I also emailed Fastenal who provided me parts last time and drove it to my home.

I will email him the prices and see if we can get a decent deal.

Amazon gives me free freight probably ... I love America!

Thank yoiu so much.

Bobby, I did find this blade but it is expensive (same here). Looks like only one blade. I think a parts diagram I ran across showed two blades for your planer(?). It sounds like the blade is 18% tungsten carbide.