George Ellis Dovetail Bevel.

G S Haydon

Eric, they are from "my supplier" he aint listed on gargle, trade prices of course, about £1.50 each  ;). Images for illusration purposes only! Perhaps I can get a deal on some brusso......Nothing wrong with brusso, for very humble boxes like mine it might be like mutton dressed as lamb, or pine dressed as mahog....... :)

Eric, they are from "my supplier" he aint listed on gargle, trade prices of course, about £1.50 each

Well I know where I'm getting my "utility" hinges from now on...with a slight up-charge for shipping over the pond and your trouble of course. ;)

Brusso is top shelf stuff because of the flawless machining...but brass is brass, and for a little box like that I think what you used are perfectly suitable.  As long as they're not those copper plated pieces of dog droppings.  For "special" projects I have no problem spending the extra for the Brusso.

Eric, no, electro pass is something not even I will stoop to unless it's a quick and dirty built in. That "pond" is a right royal PITA, shipping and import taxes are a ball ache!

K, metric is like imperial but easier although imperial is still my favorite measurement name closely folloed by fathom.

K, because the top is light weight and the hinges new the friction in the knuckle holds it at the moment. I also allowed the top to overhang at the back, this means it rests itself but it would still be too far for a mirror.

Shaffer alluded to this in a post recently, I must confess I don't know the best place for sourding this kind of hardware. I aim to search "brusso" and see what I can find.

K, metric is like imperial but easier although imperial is still my favorite measurement name closely folloed by fathom.

I was always partial to "quark."  Sounds kind of sci-fi Trekky and mysterious, and like it would probably hurt you if you touched it. :)

• Like 1