hardware help

Godet

I've made a fancy desktop name plate holder for a boss who is taking a new job. The piece is looking good, the name plate is on order...only problem is attaching it. I want to avoid glues/expoxy so he can swap out titles in the future and was thinking I would be able to find small screws without a problem...however, it's a problem.

Anybody know a good place for really small screws or have any bright ideas? I stopped by the eye doctor, who was nice enough to give me some small screws. I haven't tried them, but since they're machine and not wood screws, I'm not very optimistic. Also, the boss's going away party is next Friday, so I need to be able to order them and have them delivered within about a week.

Thanks!

Seems like machine screws will still work. They won't bore the hole for you like wood screws, but that's nothing a pilot hole to full depth won't fix.

Given your time frame, you might want to try this out on scrap and see if you like it. Otherwise, I believe Woodcraft will have small screws or nails like that in the area where they have clock kits and parts.

Seems like machine screws will still work. They won't bore the hole for you like wood screws, but that's nothing a pilot hole to full depth won't fix.

Given your time frame, you might want to try this out on scrap and see if you like it. Otherwise, I believe Woodcraft will have small screws or nails like that in the area where they have clock kits and parts.

Awesome--thanks! Woodcraft web site didn't have anything listed, but I find their online inventory is sometimes incomplete. I'll try the machine screws and try woodcraft if it doesn't work out.

I found these at McMaster-Carr.

Head Style: Flat

Material Type: Brass

Thread Size: #2

Decimal Equivalent: 0.086"

Drive: Phillips

Head Diameter: 0.172"

Length: 1/4"

McMaster-Carr usually delivers in a couple of days. You can call them and ask about delivery options - I'm sure they could FedEx if you wanted them to. They have other styles available - this is just an example.

Go to the local craft store (michaels or hobby shop). I get small screwa at the same place I get parts for CL model airplanes. The craft store seems to have a better selection.